Flooring Installation Guide
- A Carpet Land customer service representative will call to schedule a time for your measurement
- A person over the age of 18 needs to be present to sign for the completed measurement.
- The Carpet Land estimator will verify product type for each area, as well as seam placement and direction.
- A Carpet Land sales associate will calculate sales total after the measurement. For pricing questions, please contact your sales associate.
- Measurements are solely guaranteed for the installations performed by Carpet Land.
- Our sales associates do their best to accurately estimate jobs. In the event of unforeseen circumstances on the day of installation, our installers or sales associates will discuss any necessary changes with you.
- Your sales associate will contact you within three business days with your estimate.
- Your verbal or written approval is required to move forward with your order.
- Upon approval, payment for material and tax is required, as well as a signed work order. Payments may be made via cash, check or credit/debit card. We also offer financing options. The balance of your order will be due upon job completion.
- We will order materials as soon as payment is received. Payments may be made over the phone, by mail or in person. Payments made by mail may delay the ordering of materials.
- Upon arrival of special order materials or if in stock, orders will be scheduled for installation.
- The room temperature must be at a minimum of 69F for at least 24 hours prior to the installation.
- All rooms where flooring is being installed should be completely clear of furnishings prior to the scheduled installation; unless being moved by Carpet Land.
- For a fee, our installers will move standard, empty furniture that does not require disassembly. Excessively large or heavy furniture may require additional fees to move.
- Valuables, collectibles, lamps, wall hangings, bed coverings and small items must be removed by the customer prior to the installation. Also, all closets must be cleaned out to waist level.
- All electronic devices and items that would require tuning/leveling must be disconnected and moved by the customer prior to the flooring installation. Some examples would be grandfather clocks, pool tables, aquariums, televisions, computers, stereo systems, pianos, or antiques.
- No flooring/carpet seam is invisible. Visibility of seams will vary with the type of carpet/flooring that you have purchased.
- Please alert your installer to any concealed supply lines, audio/visual communications or security system wiring to prevent damage during installation.
- With installation of some floors, there is a possibility that your doors may not swing free. We will remove doors for the installation and re-hang them if possible. We will not shave or cut them down to accommodate new floor covering.
- Gas ranges and icemakers must be disconnected and reconnected by a licensed plumber or by the homeowner.
- If quarter round or wall base needs to be removed for a proper installation; we will remove and replace them at your request. We cannot, however, guarantee that these moldings will not chip, scratch, or break during this process.
THE DAY OF INSTALLATION
- The Carpet Land installer will contact you between 7:00am and 9:30am the morning of the scheduled installation.
- Installer will verify with you that the product is correct.
- Show your installer the area where they will be working, and leave them the best number to call you if you will be leaving your home.
- All flooring installed by Carpet Land will be installed according to the manufacturer’s recommendations. Any exceptions will be discussed with and approved by you in writing.
- As with any construction project, dust is often a byproduct. We make every effort to prevent any damage to existing home furnishings, but you may need to do some minor touch-ups to walls, baseboards or moldings.
- Please ensure electricity and running water are available during the installation process.