Flooring Installation Guide
What you need to know for your installation project
Flooring Installation Guide
Before beginning your flooring installation project, it’s important to consider various factors such as the type of flooring you want, the installation method, and any furniture that needs to be moved during installation. The flooring installation process and cost can vary depending on the type of flooring you choose. For example, installing hardwood floors can be more complicated than installing laminate flooring due to the materials’ nature.
If you plan to install flooring in a room that is already furnished, you should consider how to move the furniture without causing any damage to the floors or furniture. Having flooring installation experts install your floors will ensure that your flooring is installed correctly and will help prevent any problems in the future.
- A Carpet Land customer service representative will call to schedule a time for your measurement
- A person over the age of 18 needs to be present to sign for the completed measurement.
- The Carpet Land estimator will verify product type for each area, as well as seam placement and direction.
- A Carpet Land sales associate will calculate sales total after the measurement. For pricing questions, please contact your sales associate.
- Measurements are solely guaranteed for the installations performed by Carpet Land.
- Our sales associates do their best to accurately estimate jobs. In the event of unforeseen circumstances on the day of installation, our installers or sales associates will discuss any necessary changes with you.
- Your sales associate will contact you within three business days with your estimate.
- Your verbal or written approval is required to move forward with your order.
- Upon approval, payment for material and tax is required, as well as a signed work order. Payments may be made via cash, check or credit/debit card. We also offer financing options. The balance of your order will be due upon job completion.
- We will order materials as soon as payment is received. Payments may be made over the phone, by mail or in person. Payments made by mail may delay the ordering of materials.
- Upon arrival of special order materials or if in stock, orders will be scheduled for installation.
- The room temperature must be at a minimum of 69F for at least 24 hours prior to the installation.
- All rooms where flooring is being installed should be completely clear of furnishings prior to the scheduled installation; unless being moved by Carpet Land.
- For a fee, our installers will move standard, empty furniture that does not require disassembly. Excessively large or heavy furniture may require additional fees to move.
- Valuables, collectibles, lamps, wall hangings, bed coverings and small items must be removed by the customer prior to the installation. Also, all closets must be cleaned out to waist level.
- All electronic devices and items that would require tuning/leveling must be disconnected and moved by the customer prior to the flooring installation. Some examples would be grandfather clocks, pool tables, aquariums, televisions, computers, stereo systems, pianos, or antiques.
- No flooring/carpet seam is invisible. Visibility of seams will vary with the type of carpet/flooring that you have purchased.
- Please alert your installer to any concealed supply lines, audio/visual communications or security system wiring to prevent damage during installation.
- With installation of some floors, there is a possibility that your doors may not swing free. We will remove doors for the installation and re-hang them if possible. We will not shave or cut them down to accommodate new floor covering.
- Gas ranges and icemakers must be disconnected and reconnected by a licensed plumber or by the homeowner.
- If quarter round or wall base needs to be removed for a proper installation; we will remove and replace them at your request. We cannot, however, guarantee that these moldings will not chip, scratch, or break during this process.
THE DAY OF INSTALLATION
- The Carpet Land installer will contact you between 7:00am and 9:30am the morning of the scheduled installation.
- Installer will verify with you that the product is correct.
- Show your installer the area where they will be working, and leave them the best number to call you if you will be leaving your home.
- All flooring installed by Carpet Land will be installed according to the manufacturer’s recommendations. Any exceptions will be discussed with and approved by you in writing.
- As with any construction project, dust is often a byproduct. We make every effort to prevent any damage to existing home furnishings, but you may need to do some minor touch-ups to walls, baseboards or moldings.
- Please ensure electricity and running water are available during the installation process.
Flooring Installation in Omaha, NE & Lincoln, NE and Sioux Falls, IA
Working with a reputable flooring company like Carpet Land is also crucial when installing new flooring. We have a team of experienced professionals who can answer any frequently asked questions you have about the installation process, expected installation time, and any warranties or guarantees offered. We can help you choose the best flooring option for your home and budget and ensure that your installation project is completed successfully.
If you’re planning a flooring installation project, it’s important to consider various factors such as the type of flooring you want, the installation method, and any furniture that needs to be moved during installation. By working with a reputable flooring company like Carpet Land, you can ensure that your flooring installation project is a success.
Living Room Flooring
Create a cozy and comfortable living room for quality time with loved ones at Carpet Land. Explore our wide range of flooring options, including carpeting, hardwood, laminate, and luxury vinyl. Elevate the ambiance with stylish area rugs, and rely on our professional installation services for hardwood floors and other flooring types.
At Carpet Land, we understand the importance of practical and visually appealing kitchen flooring. Our diverse range of solutions achieves both seamlessly. Whether you prefer solid wood floors, luxury vinyl tile, laminate flooring, or other options, we have the perfect choice for you. Trust us to assist you with your next kitchen flooring installation project.
Create a cozy atmosphere in your bedroom with our flooring options. Whether you desire a soft and luxurious area rug or want to add warmth to a hard surface, we have what you need. As the top carpet store in the area, Carpet Land offers a wide selection of carpets. Our carpet specialists in Sioux Falls, Lincoln, and Omaha will assist you in choosing the perfect carpets for your bedroom. Leave the rest to our skilled carpet installation experts.
Ensure your bathroom floors can withstand daily moisture with our waterproof flooring solutions at Carpet Land. Choose from ceramic tile, porcelain, luxury vinyl plank, laminate, and more. Our services include assisting you with selecting the right tile size, cutting and installing tiles, and handling all aspects of tile floor installation. At Carpet Land, we are equipped to handle all your needs and provide comprehensive solutions for your bathroom flooring.
Make a lasting impression on your guests with our wide selection of hardwood flooring options at Carpet Land. Choose from vinyl, laminate, parquet, solid, and engineered hardwood flooring to find the perfect fit for your foyer. We also offer durable area rugs that add a touch of beauty to your space. Rest assured, our flooring installation experts are skilled in installing hardwood floors in foyers, ensuring flawless results. Trust Carpet Land for all your flooring needs!
Home Office Flooring
Transform your office into an enjoyable workspace that combines practicality and sophisticated design. Create a space that enhances your comfort, creativity, and productivity! At Carpet Land, we offer a wide range of flooring options that not only look great but also provide a pleasant underfoot feel. Whether you prefer carpet, pre-finished hardwood floors, or any other type of flooring for your home office, our extensive selection has you covered. Visit us in Omaha, Lincoln, and Sioux Falls and explore the best flooring choices in the area. Elevate your home office flooring with Carpet Land.
Whether you’re completing a basement finishing project or renovating your basement, Carpet Land offers a multitude of options to transform your space. Discover the perfect flooring style for your basement, whether it’s soft and cozy carpeting or versatile laminate and vinyl plank flooring. With our extensive selection, finding your ideal style is effortless. Visit our locations in Omaha, Lincoln, and Sioux Falls to explore the variety of flooring options available. When it comes to shopping for different types of flooring, Carpet Land has you covered in every way.
At Carpetland, we’re all about giving you the freedom you need to create positive impressions every day on floors that are both stylish and high-performing.
Whether you’re looking for beauty, durability, wear-resistance or some combination of many features, our flooring solutions offer a wide range of colors, patterns and styles.
The softest solution with a vast range of color and texture options, carpeting covers your floors from wall to wall in cushioned comfort! It’s long been a popular choice for bedrooms and living rooms, and the latest technology brings stain and moisture resistance into the mix, making carpet a viable option for active families. Learn more about the carpet available from Carpetland.
Thanks to its beauty, versatility and longevity, hardwood has been one of the most popular home flooring options for centuries. Unique, natural charm coupled with unmatched durability and customization options have kept hardwood competitive – and modern innovation has led to products that can be installed just about anywhere! Learn more about hardwood from Carpetland.
Want the beauty of hardwood, but don’t have space in which real wood flooring would be a practical pick? Laminate is the perfect substitute! It realistically mimics the look and feel of real hardwood, with added versatility and resistance to a variety of common wear, tear and other issues. A fusion of several layers of high-performance materials, laminate is easy to install and perfect for families with kids or pets! Learn more about laminate from Carpetland.
Durable, beautiful and natural, tile is the perfect choice for kitchens, bathrooms, and outdoor spaces, as well as for decorative walls and accents. Made from a range of natural stone and clay materials, different types of tile each perform differently and serve distinct purposes in home design. Learn more about natural stone and ceramic tile flooring from Carpetland.
Much like laminate, luxury vinyl is designed to look and feel just like real hardwood or natural stone tile. You can easily install luxury vinyl tile or plank in just about any room in your home – it even makes a great DIY project! You’ll also find luxury vinyl in waterproof products that work well in bathrooms, mudrooms, kitchens and other spaces where liquid messes are common. Learn more about luxury vinyl flooring from Carpetland.
Beautiful, versatile and affordable, area rugs are the perfect compliment to any room design! Add an area rug under a table or seating arrangement to frame a space, or protect your high-traffic areas with an entryway rug or runner. Rugs can blend seamlessly into the background, or pop as a brilliant accent piece. Really, they’re what you make of them – so let your creativity shine!