Vinyl plank and vinyl tile flooring are great options for any areas of a facility. It provides unique versatility, trusted durability, and easy installation. That’s right, waterproof vinyl plank flooring and waterproof vinyl tile flooring products are hitting the market, making this traditional wood-look floor even more irresistible. Now you can install this affordable flooring in more rooms of the home – like the kitchen or bathroom – with confidence that it will withstand the mess of the everyday chaos.
Waterproof Vinyl Flooring Types
Vinyl Plank & Tile Flooring Construction
Waterproof vinyl plank and vinyl tile flooring is comprised of multiple layers, including:
- Wear Layer: The top layer protects the floor from scratches, wear, and staining while providing a realistic look and feel of the floor. This is the protective shield to your floor, which keeps the dog from leaving marks with his clattering claws. Water-resistant top layers help keep water from seeping through and damaging the floor.
- Image Layer: Just below the wear layer, the image layer holds the pattern or print of your floor. This gives your floor the beautiful wood or stone look that is sure to fool your friends.
- Core Layer: Just below the print layer, the core layer gives the floor durability and stability. Luxury vinyl planks are made with a stone plastic composite core (SPC vinyl) or a wood plastic composite core (WPC vinyl), both of which are represented throughout a variety of styles.
- Backing: This layer helps provide stability for the floor and can help to keep water from penetrating the flooring from underneath. The backing also helps dampen the sound of the material as it is walked on.
Pros of Vinyl Plank Flooring
- Realistic wood and stone look: Waterproof vinyl floor planks often have some surface detail to further mimic a natural hardwood look and can have the look and feel of a hand-scraped hardwood, embossed wood, distressed hardwood, or come in textured or smooth finishes.
- Easy to install, clean and maintain: Waterproof vinyl flooring is designed to be installed as a floating floor, meaning that it is not secured to the ground underneath, but rather “floats” by the means of an interlocking design. This process is easy and typically done by our customers of all DIY levels.
- Scratch resistant: Waterproof vinyl flooring has a strong wear layer that protects the floor from scratches, wear and staining, all the things pets love to test out on our floors.
- Cost effective: Vinyl plank and vinyl tile floors are an inexpensive alternative to hardwood floors. Lower price and lower maintenance? Yes, please!
Shaw Waterproof Vinyl Flooring: DuraTru, Floorte, Floorte Pro
Shaw is serious about luxury vinyl plank flooring. Currently running three different lines, each line with between four and twelve color or species variations, Shaw’s offerings encompass the full gamut of the upper-end luxury vinyl plank market. Whether you want moderately inexpensive or super-premium luxury vinyl flooring,
Shaw likely has a product to fill your needs. Nothing from this established, respected company can ever be considered to be rock-bottom cheap because of the product’s delivered value. So many luxury vinyl quality points pivot on thickness. Shaw’s LVP flooring lines are all at least 5 mm thick, usually thicker. For flooring to top out at a full 1/4-inch thick is impressive, considering that industry-wide, LVP tends to average about half that thickness. Additionally, wear layers are a full 20 mil thick.
Which Waterproof Vinyl Floor Will You Choose?
That wood-look floor you’ve been dreaming about is now achievable in any room of the house with waterproof vinyl flooring. Kids, pets, parties and other spill-inducing scenarios can be a nightmare. However, waterproof flooring is a solution that can help you rest at ease. You can rest assured knowing you’re investing in a long-lasting floor that will retain its beauty for years to come.
Vinyl plank flooring is pretty much the Superman of the flooring industry. Here’s a quick look at just a few of the qualities that make it so awesome.
- Ultra-durable. WPC is known for being the best of the best, showcasing the thickest, most durable luxury vinyl with the thickest wear layers for optimal scratch protection.
- 100% waterproof. And guaranteed by the manufacturers.
- Realistic wood and stone looks. Seriously, vinyl is changing. Rapidly. The top-end vinyl floors are able to more realistically mimic natural materials better than ever before. WPC vinyl is the best of the best, which means the looks are usually incredibly convincing and beautiful.
- More resilient than ceramic tile. It’s true, you could just get a wood or stone look tile and it would also be waterproof. But tile is hard. Standing on a tile floor all day isn’t great for your joints or feet. Vinyl is more resilient and much more comfortable.
- Low maintenance. All you need is the occasional vacuum and damp mop to keep your WPC looking fabulous.
Waterproof Laminate Flooring
Want to learn more about waterproof laminate flooring instead? Browse Carpet Land waterproof laminate flooring options.
Carpet Land Omaha, Lincoln & Sioux Falls | Best Prices on Carpets, Flooring & More
We make shopping for flooring easy! Take advantage of our FREE estimates and consultations today. Our incredible buying power at Carpet Land allows us to deliver the lowest flooring product prices in town, so shift your focus to finding the perfect flooring for your home. We look forward to working with you. Contact us for your FREE Estimate TODAY.
You can also click here for our Flooring Buying Guide.